I’m reading a book by Mark Bauerlein, professor at Emory University, it’s called The Dumbest Generation. The subtitle is, “How the Digital Age Stupefies Young Americans and Jeopardizes Our Future”. So far I’ve found it to be pretty intriguing. I’ve read the introduction and I”m into the first chapter, page 28.
In process of reaching this point, I’ve found a few online resources Mr. Bauerlein provides. I’ll list them here for your perusal and my safe keeping.
- The National Assessment of Educational Progress – This is a U.S. Department of Education program nicknamed, “the National Report Card”.
- The National Survey of Student Engagement
- Kaiser Family Foundation Program for the Study of Entertainment Media and Health
- American Time Use Survey, Bureau of Labor Statistics
- Survey of Public Participation in the Arts, National Endowment for the Arts